Saturday, May 22, 2010

Menu for Week of 5/22/10


Okay, after about a 4-week adjustment period with a newborn in the house I think I am ready to start cooking again. Thank you again to all of the friends and family that provided meals for us over the last few weeks. We could not have done it without you!

Spinach Salad with Chicken and Strawberries, garlic cheese bread
Feta cheese and strawberries were on sale this week so I created a salad around those 2 yummy things. Spinach leaves, chicken, strawberries, red onion, avocado, feta cheese; all mixed with a raspberry walnut vinaigrette I had on hand.

Steak Gyros, oven fries
This is one of our favorite summer meals. I will use up the rest of the feta cheese with these. Some one brought us baked potatoes earlier in the week and I am using the leftovers to make oven fries.

Hot Dogs, chips, veggies
As I have mentioned before I like mine "healthy" (I realize this is ironic for hotdogs). I top mine with mustard, lettuce, tomato, dill pickle, onion, and cheddar cheese. Somehow I feel better about eating a hot dog if there is vegetables on top.

Beef Burritos, cheese dip and chips
One of my all time favorite foods is cheese dip and I like to fit it into meals whenever I can. I have discovered a yummy white cheese dip that I can't get enough of. Check out El Terrifico Tamale Co. White Cheese Dip in the dairy section by the sour cream.

Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad

Poppyseed Chicken, rice, cooked carrots
I realize this is more of a winter meal, but it is so good and simple.

Asian Pork Loin, brown rice, brussel sprouts
This is a great recipe from my sister Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment