Sunday, March 7, 2010

Menu for Week of 3/5/10

Spaghetti Pie, garlic bread
This is a good way to use leftover spaghetti.
I just mix 1 egg, some parmesan, and mozzarella cheese into the leftover spaghetti noodles. Press into a lightly greased pie plate. I had some leftover hamburger meat from the week so I put some of that on top. Then, I topped it with the small amount of leftover spaghetti sauce and some more mozzarella cheese. Bake covered for about 20-25 min., then uncover until the cheese melts completely and is golden. Josh loves this meal! If you have extra spaghetti sauce that is good to serve along side. I didn't have any so I made a quick bechamel sauce and added parmesan cheese.

Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas, pico de gallo, guacamole, salad
I confess, we fell in love with the pico and guacamole I tried earlier in the week so I planned our meal around that. This is our favorite enchilada recipe. Josh loves it because it has bacon in it.
Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas
Apron Strings
12 oz. chicken breasts
3 slices bacon
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 C. picante sauce
1 can black beans, drained
1 lg. red bell pepper, chopped
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 C. chopped green onions
12 (6 in.) flour tortillas *I always make more than 12*
1 1/2 C. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 C. picante sauce
For filling:
Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut into strips.
Fry bacon in a saucepan. Remove the bacon and reserve 2 T. drippings. Crumble bacon.
Add chicken and garlic to the reserved drippings in the skillet. Saute until light brown.
Add 1/2 C. picante sauce, black beans, bell pepper, cumin and salt.
Simmer for 7-8 minutes. Add green onions and bacon.
For enchiladas:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spoon chicken mixture onto tortillas and sprinkle each with 1 T. cheese. Roll the tortillas to enclose the filling.
Place seam side down in a lightly greased baking dish. Spoon 1 C. picante sauce over the top.
Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake until the cheese melts.
Serve with salad, guacamole, and sour cream.

Pancakes, Eggs, Bacon, fruit
Perfect for Sunday night.

Leftover Enchiladas, salad, pico de gallo, guacamole

Baked Ham, baked sweet potatoes, green beans, biscuits
This is the last of the ham I have had in my freezer. I made a large recipe of biscuits last week and froze about 1 dozen of them. I can just pull out a couple and reheat them.

Chicken Broccoli Casserole, rice, cooked carrots
Broccoli was on sale this week.
Chicken Broccoli Casserole
Jill Newton
2 boxes frozen broccoli or 1 head of fresh
4 chicken breasts, chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 lb. Velveeta cheese, melted
1 (8oz.) sour cream
1 T. lemon juice

Cook broccoli in salted water until tender. Drain well. Cook chicken until tender. Drain well. Mix soup, cheese, sour cream, and lemon juice. Put broccoli in bottom of dish. Place chicken on top. Spread cheese mixture over chicken. Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly, about 30 minutes.

Glazed Pork Chops, brown rice, oriental vegetables
I bought some orange marmalade that I will mix with some orange juice to make a glaze for these pan seared pork chops. I cut the pork chops and froze them separately when I bought the pork loin at Sam's Club last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment