Monday, March 1, 2010

Menu for Week of 2/26/10


Leftover Hot Chicken Salad, green salad, buttermilk rolls

These rolls were truly delicious. I highly recommend them.

Pizza n' movie night
Every once in awhile we will have a special family night with Jack. We pull out the plastic tablecloth and lay it on the floor in the living room. We have a "picnic" of pizza while watching a family movie. We all had fun watching, Clifford's Really Big Movie. This was a great way to end a fun weekend.


One of my favorite Christmas presents this year was an autographed copy of the Pioneer Woman cookbook from my sister-in-law Ashley. I am trying these recipes for the first time tonight.
Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread
The key to great spaghetti is homemade sauce. It is easy I promise. Follow the link and scroll down to the sauce recipe.

Country-fried Hamburgers, rice with country gravy, green beans
This was a family favorite growing up. I may even like it better the next day.
Basically, make small hamburger patties. Dredge in flour and fry in a small amount of oil to brown. Place in a low oven to cook the rest of the way through. Serve with rice and make a cream gravy to go over it all.

Chicken Pot Pie, biscuits

This is becoming almost comical because I have listed this 3 weeks in a row. For one reason or another something comes up and I don't need to make this meal. The great thing about freezer food is that it will wait until I am ready to make it, that is why it keeps getting bumped. Josh has asked for it several times now so I am going to be sure to pull it out of the freezer this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment