Friday, January 8, 2010

Menu for Week of 1/8/10


Leftover Stew, Biscuits
When I made biscuits the other night I only baked a few to eat with that meal. The rest I cut out, froze in a pan and then placed in a freezer bag. Now I can pull out a few as needed and bake them up fresh.

Leftover Chicken Spaghetti, Salad

Taco Soup
2 lbs. Lean Ground Beef (I am using ground turkey)
1 can whole kernel corn
2 cans stewed tomatoes
2 cans ranch-style beans
2 cans rotel
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 envelope ranch dressing mix

Brown meat and drain grease. Add all ingredients. Stir well and let simmer 30-45 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, and shredded cheese.

Asian Pork Loin, Oven-Roasted Potatoes, Oriental Vegetable Mix
This is the last of the pork loin from Sam's Club in my freezer.











Grilled Pork Sandwiches
We have community group at our house so I need an easy, fast meal. Whenever my grandmother makes a roast beef dinner, we always have these sandwiches the next day. I don't make much roast beef so the leftover pork works just as well.

Grilled Roast Beef Sandwich (or roast pork)
Evelyn Wilson
Butter 2 pieces of sandwich bread (white works best)
Place sliced roast beef on one piece of bread. Spread Miracle Whip over the roast beef. Then place sliced dill pickles on top of that. Put the second piece of bread on top and grill, butter side down in a skillet until golden on both sides and heated through.

Leftover Taco Soup

Spaghetti, Bread




No comments:

Post a Comment