Friday, September 11, 2009

Menu for Week of 9/11/09

This is one of those weeks when I am clearing out the freezer and using lots of ingredients that I already have on hand. You will notice the small grocery list on the side. Keeping a well stocked freezer and pantry is a great way to feed my family well-rounded meals while really stretching our dollar. Plus, it is fun to see how low I can get our grocery bill!

Tacos

Chicken Stir-Fry with brown rice
I never made this last week as planned

Baked Pork Chops with Apples, smashed new potatoes, sauted green beans
This is a really easy and delicious recipe I made a few weeks ago with a friend. I will do a separate post about that and include the recipe soon.

Scalloped Macaroni and Ham, biscuits, steamed broccoli
new recipe

leftovers
community group is at our house tonight and I need something quick to eat and clean up

Chili Chicken, rice, mexican vegetable medley
new recipe

Items I already had on hand in the freezer or pantry which helped me save money this week:
Pork chops-bought on sale a few weeks ago and froze
smashed potatoes-leftover from about a month ago and froze
ham- bought a couple weeks ago and divided in smaller portions to freeze
biscuits- I make a double recipe of biscuits from scratch and freeze them, then just pull out a few as needed.
chicken- frozen chicken breasts from Sam's Club
ingredients for chili chicken are all items in my pantry
frozen peas, green beans- I try to keep a variety of frozen veggies in the freezer at all times
taco shells- have half a package left in a food storage bag in the pantry
sour cream, picante sauce- staple items in our house (if you know my son and his love for "dip" you know why)
lettuce and tomatoes for tacos- in fridge, leftover from last week

No comments:

Post a Comment