Friday, December 11, 2009

Menu for Week of 12/11/09

This is a very different week for us do to some events at church. So, I am only preparing three meals and the grocery list is very short.

Chicken a la King, homemade biscuits, rice, peas
My mom used to make this when we were growing up. It is a simple go to meal because I usually have all the ingredients on hand.

Chicken a la King
Better Homes and Gardens
In a saucepan melt a 1/4 C. butter or margarine; blend in 1/3 C. flour and 1/2 tsp. salt. Add 1 C. chicken broth and 1 C. milk all at once. Cook, stirring constantly, till sauce is thick and bubbly. Add 2 C. diced cooked chicken. Heat through. Serve over biscuits.

*I usually add a bouillon cube and extra salt and pepper to taste.
*Josh prefers this served over rice so I always make both.

Pancakes, sausage, eggs, fruit

Stromboli, veggies and dip
We didn't end up eating this earlier in the week as planned. Confession: I was thawing the bread dough in the oven, but forgot about it and turned on the oven to make cupcakes and ended up cooking the dough covered in plastic wrap. So, we ended up at Chik-fil-a instead.

1 comment:

  1. Chicken a la King was a family favorite when I was growing up! I haven't had it in year! Thanks for the reminder and the funny Stromboli confession. We've all done something like that...in my case, I screw things up quite often.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete