Saturday, November 28, 2009

Menu for Week of 11/28/09

Soft Tacos
I have flour tortillas and sour cream leftover from quesadillas a week ago.

Creamy Broccoli Soup, Rolls

Creamy Broccoli Soup
Apron Strings

4 cubes chicken bouillon
4 C. water
1 C. chopped celery
1 C. chopped onion
1C. chopped carrot
2 (10 oz.) packs frozen chopped broccoli
2 1/2 C. chopped peeled potatoes
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
  • Combine bouillon, water, celery, onion, and carrot in a large heavy saucepan.
  • Cook for 20 minutes. Add the broccoli and potatoes. Cook until vegetables are tender.
  • Stir in cream of chicken soup and Velveeta cheese. Cook until the cheese melts, stirring to mix well.
  • Add the Wocestershire sauce and serve immediately.
* I finely chop the celery, onion, and carrot in the food processor so they are more shredded than chopped. This makes a smoother soup.

Pork Roast, potatoes, cooked carrots, gravy, rolls
I am using part of the pork loin that I bought a couple months ago at Sam's Club and divided in the freezer. I will do this in the crockpot.

Leftover Broccoli Soup, sandwiches

Spaghetti, salad, bread
As I have mentioned before this is one of Jack's favorite meals. This is his birthday dinner request. Happy 4th birthday Jack!

Chicken chalupas, refried beans, salad
When I made these a few weeks ago I froze a pan of them. Always great to have a meal in the freezer ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment