Friday, November 13, 2009

Menu for Week of 11/13/09

Potato Soup, rolls
Spicy Alert! The cayenne in this is a good flavor, but I would use at least half of what the recipe calls for. I simply serve this with crumbled bacon on top. I have fresh parsley and red onion left over from last week that is why I decided to make this.

Chicken Stirfry, served over brown rice

Meatball Subs, french fries, salad
I made spaghetti and meatballs a couple weeks ago. I froze the extra meatballs on a cookie sheet and then popped them in a freezer bag. All I have to do is make some sauce and put in the meatballs to reheat.

Chicken Quesadillas with spinach and black beans, salad
This is one of Jack's favorite meals. Quesadillas are a great way to hide veggies.

Tuna Noodle Casserole, green beans
I decided to make this because I have half a bag of egg noodles leftover from last week. I also have velveeta cheese in the fridge and peas in the freezer. So, all I needed to buy was tuna and cream of mushroom soup. Easy!

Asian Pork Loin, wild rice, asparagus
I have not tried this recipe from my sister, but she says it is great!

Asian Pork Loin
Laura Breeding

1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sesame oil (I use canola or vegetable oil)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp lemon juice
4 garlic cloves, crushed (I use minced garlic from the jar)
1 Tbsp dry mustard
1 1/2 tsp pepper

Whisk ingredients together and pour over pork. Marinade pork loin for at least 8 hours. Remove pork from marinade. Place in an aluminum foil lined roasting pan. Bake at 450 until meat thermometer registers 165-170 (usually around 45 min to an hour depending on size of pork loin). Meanwhile, pour marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then let simmer. Let pork stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment