Friday, October 23, 2009

Menu for Week of 10/23/09

This week is a little unusual for us with Cityfest this weekend, a family dinner later in the week, and a camping trip. So, I am not cooking many meals and my grocery list has a few things out of the ordinary for camping.

Cabin Fever Soup
This recipe was given to me when I got married and it has been a winter staple in our house for the past 7 years.
Cabin Fever Soup
Shirley James
1 lb. ground chuck (I am using ground turkey)
1 can Rotel
8 oz. cheez whiz
2 cans ranch style beans
2 cans minestrone soup
2 soup cans of water
Brown meat. Drain. Add rest of ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes on medium heat.

Manicotti, salad, bread
I am using the leftover ricotta cheese that I bought last week for the enchiladas

Pork Loin Roast, mashed potatoes and gravy, asparagus
I have the pork loin in the freezer, the potatoes are left from last week, and asparagus was on sale.

Hot Dogs, chips, and smores
Hopefully, we will be at Petit Jean around a campfire cooking our dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment