Friday, September 25, 2009

menu for Week of 9/25/09

Spaghetti, salad, bread
I am using leftover spaghetti (this freezes well)

Pancakes, eggs, bacon, fruit

Deluxe Sloppy Joes, vegetables and dip
These are not your mother's sloppy joes! I use kaiser rolls and make these a hearty sandwich. Also, another small change to the recipe, I use chili sauce (ketchup with a kick) in combination with ketchup and I add extra to make it a little saucier.

Shrimp Stir-Fry over rice
I have orange juice on hand so I think I will make more of an orange/soy type sauce this time.

Baked ham, au gratin potatoes, sweet green beans
I don't buy many pre-packaged foods, but one of the few that I do is au gratin potatoes ($1 box). I have tried making these from scratch a few times and I have never found a recipe I love and truthfully more work than they are worth. If anyone has a good recipe for these I would love to try it.



No comments:

Post a Comment