Monday, April 5, 2010

Menu for Week of 4/5/10


Jack opening resurrection eggs on Easter morning and egg hunt at grandma and grandpa's house.

This week was a little different. With Easter weekend, I cooked less meals for my family, but I prepared some out-of-the ordinary things for family gatherings and such so my grocery bill is higher than usual. Therefore, I tried to find multiple uses for the ingredients I did buy.

Chef Salad, deviled eggs
We have an abundance of hard-boiled eggs from Easter so I will make deviled eggs and have egg on the salad. Josh loves this meal! This time I will make the salad with lettuce, celery, carrot, cucumber, tomato, ham, egg, and peanuts.

I am using leftover chicken from the whole roast chicken I made last week. This is SO GOOD!
Note: I don't add the chili sauce called for in the recipe.

Chicken and black bean Quesadillas, guacamole, pico de gallo, chips
I have some leftover tortillas in the freezer along with a couple chicken breasts. Since I needed cilantro for the BBQ pizza I decided to make my favorite guacamole and pico de gallo.
I have spinach in the freezer and ricotta cheese leftover from a pasta dish I made a few weeks ago. I used green onions in a potato dish I made for Easter dinner so I will use the remainder in the enchiladas.



No comments:

Post a Comment