Saturday, October 31, 2009

Menu for Week of 10/30/09

Grilled Chili Dogs, chips and dip, veggies
Our camping trip got rained out so we had the hot dogs on hand

I am using a rotisserie chicken for this. I will use part of the chicken for the pizza and part of the chicken in soup later on in the week. I will probably even freeze some of the extra chicken for later use. Check out this recipe, we love it! I don't use the spicy chili sauce, but I do add extra bbq sauce to the chicken.

Tortilla Soup
I like to use Mission Brand tortilla strips for this instead of making my own. They are thick and hold up well in the soup. Also, I will have leftover cilantro from the pizza earlier in the week so I will add that as well as a garnish.

Tortilla Soup
Apron Strings

1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles
1 (14 oz.) can stewed tomatoes
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 1/2 C. chopped cooked chicken
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 or 2 avocados, chopped
shredded cheddar cheese

Combine chiles, tomatoes, onion, and garlic in a large saucepan. Cook over med. heat for 5 to 10 minutes.
Add chicken, stock, tomato soup, cumin, lemon pepper, chili powder, Worchestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
Place avocados, cheese, and tortilla strips in soup bowls and ladle the soup into bowls.
Garnish with sour cream

Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
Community group at our house so need quick and easy meal tonight

Left over Tortilla Soup

Poppyseed Chicken, rice, peas
when I made this a few weeks ago I made an 8x8 pan and put it in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment